Here is our Princess before her big day!
Cole was very confident about first grade, having one day under his belt. He was very encouraging to Kara and told her about all the fun things she would do in school.
Mark arranged to go to work a bit late so we could take Kara to school together. We dropped Cole off at the bus, then made our way to preschool. Once we got to school, Kara went right into the coat room and took care of her backpack and coat, then went to greet her teacher, Miss Kathy. When we walked her into the classroom, the assistant teacher, Miss Julie, showed Kara a few different activities that she could chose from. A mom was playing a game with several other children, so Kara walked right over there and sat down and started to play. She barely said good-bye to us and never looked back! It was so nice to leave her busy and happy and not have to be cajoling her into playing or repeating that I would pick her up soon, etc. Mark left for work and I had 90 minutes to myself! I think I just sat for the first 20 minutes and just rejoiced in the quiet. I figured it had been about 6 years since I'd had time by myself during the week. And unlike my melancholy state over Cole going to first grade, I was nothing but happy and excited for Kara. She has watched Cole go to school and have new experiences and make new friends, and it was time for her to enjoy those things too. The fact that she was so excited to go, and not at all apprehensive when we left, shows how very ready she was for school.
When I picked Kara up, her teachers said she had a great day and never had any sad moments. She was very talkative on the way home, and told me lots of what she did, and asked when she got to go back. A good first day!
Kara finally got her name on the traditional back to school cake. She was so proud!
Have a wonderful year Kara! The sky's the limit!
No comments:
Post a Comment