One of the things to do on our summer list was to get an ice cream from the ice cream truck. The first time he came by, I didn't have any cash on me so we didn't get any. It was literally the first week of summer vacation so we figured we'd have plenty of opportunity. After that day, I always had a ten dollar bill either in my pocket or tucked into my phone pouch, so we'd be prepared. Occasionally we would hear the music and try to track down the truck, but he never came by when we were home. We gave up on that one, and enjoyed ice cream from the grocery store instead. Fast forward to the last week of September, on a beautiful fall day. We are walking home from school and we hear the ice cream truck! The kids beg me for ice cream, and I would buy some, except I stopped carrying the money! So I ran up to him, told him that we'd like to buy some ice cream, but had to go home and get our money first. He agreed to come back, but ended up following us home (remember we were walking!) and waiting for me to run into the house. Thankfully I was able to quickly locate some cash. So the kids got their summer treat and we were able to cross another thing off our summer list. Maybe next year we need to put it on our fall list!
No comments:
Post a Comment