She loved it and wore it Christmas Day. And the following week. And once a week after that. At first I was so pleased that she was wearing the dress often, and then I started hiding it or purposely not washing it so she could wear some of her other clothes! Kara even figured out that she could layer a long sleeve shirt underneath the dress to wear it more often. The very wintery dress, with smocking and black velvet, is still hanging in her closet and worn often enough to remind us that winter isn't quite over (in her closet at least).
Since the dress was so loved, I did feel that it was okay to purchase next year's Christmas dress from Hanna Andersson's as well (and oh my goodness Cole has a matching sweater vest - too cute). So if next winter comes around and Kara is seen wearing a gray knit sweater dress with embroidered flowers and matching tights over and over again, we can only assume that her taste in clothes runs on the high side, and that it's okay to keep ordering Hanna's!
| A perfectly lovely Christmas dress on Christmas Day. |
| My Christmas dress is perfect for a casual outing to the library. |
| Do you know what says Happy Valentine's Day? A Christmas dress! |
| How can I add a little girly touch to our trip to the fire station? I know, I'll wear my Christmas dress! |
| Cole getting ready for the Pinewood Derby. Car? Check. Uniform? Check. Signs? Check. Kara wearing her Christmas dress? Check. |
No comments:
Post a Comment