Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Butterflies at Meijer Gardens

We had 13 days of someone (other than me) being sick with different forms of the flu.  I honestly felt like the walls of the house were closing in on me!  We had a day, on the tail end of Mark's bout, where he was well enough that I felt like I could leave him for a few hours.  The kids and I went to Meijer Gardens to see the butterflies, as we do every year.

They loved spotting all the different types of butterflies, and were diligent about consulting their guidebook to see what type had just flown by them.  They also found a sign that listed the many different types of birds that were at the conservatory, and set out to find all of them as well.

We stretched out the time we were away from home by looking at the different exhibits in the sculpture gallery, and poking through the gift shop.  It was a very cold day, otherwise we would have gone for a long walk outside as well.  It was a fun time, as always!  







No comments:

Post a Comment