Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crazy Mixed Up Day!


Kara's preschool had a crazy mixed up day, where they were encouraged to wear fun, unusual combinations of clothing.  Kara does not like the spotlight to be on her, but we also wanted her to participate with her friends if at all possible.  So Cole and I started 'remembering' the times he was able to wear silly clothes to school and what he wore.  I was surprised when she started talking about what she was going to wear.  She ended up going with the combo of pajama top, plaid capri's, mismatched socks, shoes, and hair clips.  Kara did have the great idea of putting her hair into one ponytail and one bun, but as I was fixing her hair she changed her mind about that.  She did try to be even more creative - she wanted her shirt on backwards but it wasn't comfy, and she did wear her first pair of pants backwards, but since they were leggings they didn't look any different.  : )  She ended up going with the capri's instead of leggings because you could see her mismatched socks.  : )

I didn't go to class that day, but they did everything silly and out of order.  They started with the closing, everyone sat different directions, they sat on chairs facing the wrong way, painted on the floor instead of the table, did art with their opposite hand...  Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment