Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dairy Discovery Field Trip

Kara had a field trip to a local dairy farm.  She invited Cole to come with us, and he was excited to go.
Our little farm girl.
See how excited Cole was?  : )  Honestly, most of the adults also had their jackets over their nose/mouth.  The littler kids didn't seem bothered by it, for some reason.
I was so busy trying to not pass out from the stench that I don't even remember the point of being in the barn.  Nice.

Here, the kids were watching the cows being milked, and learning all the tricks of the trade.  I don't know much about this area either, because I didn't want to get to close to the action.  I like drinking milk and wanted to continue doing so.  
 

This is where the trip became more fun.  They had a nursery for calves that were up to three months old.  Each of the kids got to feed a 'snack' (water) to a calf.  It was funny to watch the calves, because some were more interested in the bottles than others, and it was so cute to see the kids feed the calves and sometimes force the bottle into their mouths.  Bonus - calves don't smell!

I'm so glad that Cole was able to go on the trip with us!  Because if he had to be at school that day, he wanted us to make a trip to the dairy in the summer, and I don't think I will ever be interesting in going there again!  Thank goodness our half of the group ended the tour with feeding the calves and a few other fun (and non-smelly) activities. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment