Monday, February 13, 2012

Spirit Day

Last week Cole had Spirit Day, where kids could dress up in apparel from their favorite sports team.  Cole has taken a little flack from some of the U of M fans when he's worn his OSU shirt in the past, but decided he still wanted to wear OSU gear (we were very proud of him for standing firm in his decision to support the Buckeyes, even if he'd hear a few negative comments.)  He told us on Sunday that he wanted to make a buckeye hat (!) but thankfully we were able to sway him with my buckeye necklace instead.  He was ready to go with about 5 minutes before we had to leave for school.  I was wishing that we had a tattoo or stickers or something to put on his face, and then I remembered our face crayons from Halloween.  We quickly wrote OSU on one side and I did my best block O on the other, and called him good!  





He said that only a couple of kids said anything snide to him (we had, conveniently, just beaten U of M in basketball the day before), but there were a few teachers who had their OSU gear on and they did a little O H I O with him in the halls!  : )  The other kids thought that was pretty cool!  

No comments:

Post a Comment